Organization Name: Ministry of Textiles (Ministry of Textiles)
Total No. of Vacancies: 05
Job Location: Chennai, Kancheepuram, Salem, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Kannur
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies:
Ministry of Textiles Invites Applications for the Following Posts
1. Senior Assistant (Weaving) – 1(UR) Posts
2. Junior Assistant (Processing) – 1(UR) Posts
3. Attendant (Weaving) – 3 (UR – 2; OBC-1;) Posts
1. Senior Assistant (Weaving) – Essential: Matriculation from a recognized board and should be a practical weaver with three years experience in Handloom Weaving, loom setting and should have knowledge of preparatory processes to weaving in an organization of repute. Desirable: Three years Diploma in Handloom Technology or Diploma in Handloom and Textile Technology from a recognized institution of repute or two years certificate course in Handloom Weaving (Upper and Lower course, which should be recognized by State Govt.)
2. Junior Assistant (Processing) – Essential: (1) Matriculation from a recognized Board or Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) Diploma in Textile Dyeing or Printing trade. (2) Should have 3 years practical experience in a Dyeing or Processing House or unit of repute or Short term training course of not less than 4 months from Weavers’ Service Centre or Indian Institutes of Handloom Technology with 2 years experience in a dying or processing house or unit of repute.
3. Attendant (Weaving) – Essential : (i)Matriculation from a recognized Board or Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) Diploma in Textile Weaving or Winding or Warping Trade from a recognized Institution of repute; and (ii) Should have two years experience in a reputed Handloom or Textile Weaving Unit and should be well-versed in different methods of winding, warping and sizing of silk, cotton and woolen yarns or Short term training course of not less than four months from Weavers’ Service Centre or Indian Institutes of Handloom Technology in Weaving discipline with one year experience in a reputed Handloom or Textile Weaving unit. Desirable:- Preference will be given to those experienced in bookbinding, sample cutting and making booklets.
Candidate’s Age Limit Should not exceed 30 Years. The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC, 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s) and for Ex-S as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be provided as per Govt. Rules. Go through Ministry of Textiles official Notification 2018 for more reference
Selection of the aforesaid posts will be on the basis of a written and practical test, which will be conducted by a duly constituted Selection Committee. However, if the number of applications received for a particular post is large, then the appointing authority reserves the right to lay down any criteria for the purpose of shortlisting of the candidates for selection tests.
How to Apply:
Application in the prescribed format (Annexure-I) must reach by speed post/Registered post along with self-attested photocopies of all certificates for age, educational qualification, experience and SC/ST/OBC/PH Certificates, if any, etc. to the Director, Weavers’ Service Centre, C.1.B, Rajaji Bhavan, Besant Nagar, CHENNAI 600090 within 45 days (52 days in respect of the candidates residing in NE Region, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti district and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands or Lakshadweep) from the date of publication of the advertisement of the above vacancies in the Employment News. The serving employees fulfilling the conditions for age relaxation must send application through their respective employer; otherwise, their applications shall be summarily rejected. Application received after the last date or without relevant documents shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. This Office shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
1. Starting Date for Submission of Application: 23.06.2018
2. Last date for Submission of Application: 06.08.2018
3. Date of Examination: Sept/Oct 2018
Official Notification & Application Links:
Official Notification & Application Form PDF: